Hello my lovelies and happy Sunday! I have some life hacks for you…
I think we all like finding ways to make our lives easier (I definitely do!). Beauty is one area I always love to find shortcuts for, and I don’t always have the time to spend hours on my makeup and skincare! So with that in mind, here is my bumper list of beauty hacks to make your day that little bit easier!
- To make your lipstick last longer, apply one coat and blot with toilet tissue, then apply another coat.
- When using under eye concealer, use a triangle shape to brighten up the area even more.
- If you have any spots/pimples, applying Sudocrem overnight dramatically improves them.
- Before applying face makeup, if you have any dry skin, rub in some vaseline and then apply concealer etc on top. It really helps!
- Use the handle of a spoon to get perfectly even winged eyeliner.
- To more effectively cover under eye dark circles, apply an orange toned concealer/primer under your base makeup.
- To easily clean makeup brushes, mix together some dish soap and olive oil. The soap cleans the brushes, whilst the olive oil keeps the bristles soft.
You may also like: 9 Things I Have Been Loving Recently
- If you need a quick fix for oily skin whilst you’re out and about, use toilet tissue as blotting paper. This is one of my favourite hacks!
- To make your eyelashes curl easier, blast the curler with your hairdryer before using, it helps your lashes curl easier!
- An easy way to store necklaces is to hang up cutlery trays and insert some type of hook. This keeps your necklaces from tangling and you’re able to see them all too.
- Before eating a meal, drink a large glass of water to fill you up and prevent overeating. This always makes me eat less.
- Never do a food shop on an empty stomach! Your hunger will make you spend more and buy unnecessary items just because you are hungry. Try to eat before food shopping.
- Carry a bottle of water around with you everywhere you go, and if you’re out for a whole day challenge yourself to finish the bottle before you get home. This is a great way to incorporate more water into your day to day life.
- Put 2 spoons in the freezer, and the morning after, run them under your eyes to reduce puffiness and swelling of the under eyes.
- To prevent clumpy mascara, run the wand under hot water and dry with a paper towel before the next use. This helps to untangle all the bristles that often make your mascara clumpy.
- If you really need a push to drink more water, use a marker to draw on times of the day, and mark how much water you need to have drunk by then. This is a really motivating one!
So there we go, my top hacks that I swear by for effortless beauty and an easier life. I hope you found this helpful! Do you have any go to life hacks?
Note: This post may contain affiliate links.