A Valentines Gift Guide For Him and Her

Valentines day appears to produce a marmite-y group of opinions (some people love it, others hate it). I never really enjoyed valentines until I got a boyfriend, now it’s a day we spend together and share the love! But even if you are single on this day of love, share it with friends and family! Another option is to have a well deserved self care day (go on, you deserve it).

So here is my gift guide for Valentines as I know from experience how difficult gift hunting can be. I have complied a list of gifts for both him and her. I hope you are able to find the perfect gift for that special someone!

A Valentines Guide For Him

I don’t know about anyone else out there, but I find guys so hard to buy for! They seem to already have everything. So here is my list of my top gifts for the man in your life:

Aftershave – I always find this to be a go to gift for all men in my life when I am low on ideas. My personal recommendations would be Hugo Boss BOSS or Paco Rabanne 1 Million. You can’t go too far wrong with a nice smell!

Clothes – One thing I will say is I find it far easier to buy clothing for men. Most people in a relationship tend to pick up on their partner’s style over time, so clothes can make a great present. It depends on your partner’s taste, but I know my boyfriend loves check shirts and basic t-shirts.

Experience Days – I always find the best kind of present is the one that leaves a lasting impression and a memory. Red Letter Days offer a wide range of experience days from hot air balloon trips to spa days. You’re bound to find something that will appeal!

A City Break – If you have a little extra cash to splash, or maybe you’re making it a combined present with another event, a short city break is a great idea. It doesn’t need to be far, there are some great breaks within the country and around Europe!

Humorous Gifts – Websites like prezzybox always have great gifts for any occasion and some can be personalised, great for a unique valentines gift!

A Valentines Guide For Her

I always feel us girls are easier to buy for (but I’m sure the men in our lives would disagree). So here is my gift guide for us ladies:

Flowers & Chocolates – If your budget is a bit tight or you’ve left it a little last minute, this classic valentines gift idea is always a winner (who doesn’t love chocolate?). And if your relationship is long distance and you may not see each other on the day, then a service such as moonpig can send flowers, a card and a gift straight to the door!

Jewellery – This can be a great sentimental gift that will mean something and hopefully be worn by your significant other for years to come. It will be a nice reminder of that valentines day for her. Notonthehighstreet.com does some great jewellery that can also be personalised for a unique touch.

Makeup – This is generally a guaranteed winner for most girls if they have an interest in makeup. Most girl’s will drop hints as to what makeup they like or would like to buy, if not take a peek into her makeup stash! Have a look at my beauty wish list for some ideas if you’re stumped!

Home Decor – If you’re like me, I love all little homey decorations. Some cute ideas are these cute copper fairy lightscandles or anything from the Urban Outfitters home section!

Books & Stationary – For me, these are always a winner. I personally love reading self improvement/life books. At the moment I am reading the life changing magic of not giving a f**k and loving it! For stationary, my go to’s are Paperchase and ohh deer also do some really great stuff!

So there it is, a roundup of my favourite gifts out there for this upcoming valentines. Go on, spoil the one you love or yourself! Have you bought any valentines gifts?

Share:

35 Comments

1. February 9, 2018 / 4:04 pm

Loved this gift guide? Super helpful???

February 10, 2018 / 11:22 am

Thanks so much! Glad this has helped you, have a great weekend my love xx

2. February 9, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I love keeping it simple. Flowers and a card, maybe a special dinner are perfect. When I was single I’d take myself out for a pamper day. Great gift guide! ?

February 9, 2018 / 2:05 pm

Honestly all im doing this year with my boyfriend is dinner! Its nice to just spend time together

3. February 9, 2018 / 11:24 am

I love this. I’m really happy with the presents I got for my girlfriend, and theres definitely some overlap with this list. Im quite glad I seem to be on the right track as this is the first valentines where Im not single so its been tough to figure out what to do

February 9, 2018 / 2:04 pm

Awh im very happy for you! Im sure she will love your gifts

4. February 9, 2018 / 9:58 am

This is a lovely gift guide! I’m always stumped when it comes to buying gifts. I just don’t know what to buy! Nothing better than stationary and home decor if you ask me ?

February 9, 2018 / 10:36 am

Ah youre totally right! Its so hard to find gifts sometimes, thank you for taking the time to read!

5. February 9, 2018 / 3:42 am

I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day, but chocolate gifts are big here in Korea!
    Personally, I love stationery gifts the most! They’re pretty to look at and especially things like letter writing paper have such a romantic feel to them!

February 9, 2018 / 9:16 am

Ah yes I totally agree! Stationary is such a lovely gift, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

6. February 8, 2018 / 8:39 pm

I don’t really care about Valentine’s day but I enjoyed reading your guide! An experience day sounds like an awesome idea!

February 8, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Ah thanks my love! Yes i know its not everyones cup of tea but I loved writing this post!

February 9, 2018 / 9:16 am

Ah thats great to hear! Thank you

7. February 8, 2018 / 7:45 pm

I think that an experience gift sounds lovely. I love to do interesting things.

February 8, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Yes its something a bit different you can tailor to their hobbies etc!

8. February 8, 2018 / 7:43 pm

I am single but this is a great guide on presents to buy your loved one.

February 8, 2018 / 8:45 pm

Thank you my love!

9. Zoe Jackson
    February 8, 2018 / 11:29 am

Valentines Days without chocolate is just weird, I don’t eat a lot any other time of the year so when I comes to certain holidays especially Valentines Day and box of chocolates is always a lovely treat from my man. The last couple of years we’ve done a cinema/meal night out on Valentines Day. There’s some great suggestions here.

February 8, 2018 / 12:13 pm

Thanks my love! Dinner out is always nice on valentines and yes chocolate is always a favourite of mine too!

10. February 8, 2018 / 8:39 am

I love the fact that you include ideas of gifts for men as well.

February 8, 2018 / 9:19 am

Ah thanks! Yes I felt it was important to include both men and women x

11. February 7, 2018 / 6:41 pm

These are great ideas! My fiancé and I actually decided not to exchange gifts this Valentine’s since we are saving up for the wedding but I still might get him a little something. Thanks for sharing!

February 7, 2018 / 8:00 pm

Congrats on your wedding! Me and my boyfriend arent doing gifts this year either i just really wanted to do this post!

12. February 7, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Very good gift guide. I am someone who actively hates Valentine’s day, always have. But this gift guide could also just come in handy any time someone needs a good gift.

February 7, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Thank you! Yes it could also be used as a general gift guide, have a great day x

13. February 7, 2018 / 6:15 pm

I don’t dislike Valentine’s Day, but this year me and my fiancé aren’t going to celebrate it as we’re getting married in April so need to save our coins! Great choices though – I would love to gift him an experience day or city break! I’m personally not fussy what I get as a gift lol.

February 7, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Congratulations i hope your wedding goes well! Yes a city break is fab!

14. February 7, 2018 / 4:29 pm

An experience day sounds like a fantastic idea! I love it! May do one for my boyfriend.. while also sending him this link for some motivation on his part lol!

February 7, 2018 / 5:43 pm

Haha an experience day is a fab gift! Theres so many different things available xx

15. February 7, 2018 / 4:08 pm

I love the experience gift! It’s something so memorable, books and stationary are always on my list:)

February 7, 2018 / 4:21 pm

Yes experiences are always my favourite gift types!

16. Pari
    February 7, 2018 / 4:00 pm

I love these fancy books and stationary that you see in Indigo. I have asked my husband to get one for me at valentine’s. I will look up the stores you have mentioned. Paperchase seems to be UK based so may not be for me.

February 7, 2018 / 4:22 pm

Ah thats a shame! Paperchase is a fab company

17. February 7, 2018 / 1:43 pm

I’m with you on the Valentine’s being a marmite issue and unfortunately I come down on the hate side. As I’m single and with bah humbug friends who would think I should be locked away if I suggested we’d try having our own “valentines” I think I’m going to be destined to be alone for valentines day for a while!!! But I think your pressie ideas are great xx

February 7, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Awh if youre having valentines alone have a self care day! Xx